Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BodyMedia LINK Armband Review

Creator of BodyMedia FIT calorie counter, to create effective weight loss programs.
Trying to lose weight is hard, especially when you don't know how many calories your consume and burn. I had the opportunity to try out BodyMedia's LINK armband. The LINK armband is able to track how many steps I take, how many calories I burn, how well I sleep, and how much activity I am doing. It's called LINK because it is able to link to smartphone via bluetooth, which is super convenient so you know how many calories you are burning while going on with your day to day activities.


The LINK is fairly small and goes on your arm. I can even hide mine under my scrubs. You can accessorize your LINK with Armband Skins ($5.99). You can even upload your own image! How cool is that! You can also buy different colored bands in different sizes ($13.00). I really want the zebra print!

With the LINK at the end of the day if I don't have a chance to plug my LINK into the computer I can always open up my free app on my smartphone and see how well I did. I love competing with myself to see if I can do more steps than the previous day. It would be great to get a group of people together and all do this and have a competition.



The LINK armband itself is pretty expensive($199.00) and they do require a monthly fee ($6.95) after the first three free months. I think the monthly fee on top of the cost of the armband is expensive.

Half the time I forget I'm wearing the LINK, it doesn't bother me in my sleep either. The one problem I have is that it doesn't register my sleep all the time. Sometimes it says I didn't get any sleep. 
 
Overall though I really recommend this product. Even if your goal is to keep the same weight the LINK can do that. It's really easy to use and input food you have eaten. Go check out BodyMedia's website and their armbands! I can't wait to continue seeing my progress.


**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for the positive review.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Really awesome device. I wonder why it thinks you don't sleep sometimes, though? Do you think it might have to do with the position you're laying in? Interesting.. I think it has a lot of great perks, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BodyMedia sounds like they've got something here. It sounds like a great tool, and I love the stats accessibility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the concept.
    I would love to know what my body is doing even when I am asleep
    toocool!!

    ReplyDelete