Friday, July 6, 2012

EVOL Food's Burritos Review

Summer is here. You know what that means, spending all your time outside whether at the lake, river, or even a pool. It means delicious fruit like watermelon and cantaloupe, it means cooking on the grill. I love cooking easy meals. I would rather spend my time relaxing with friends and family then cooking for hours. EVOL Food's has made this possible with their frozen burritos. I had the opportunity to try several burritos. I tried the cilantro lime chicken, shredded beef, and bean rice and cheese on the grill (I let them thaw in the refrigerator for a couple hours). You can also microwave them or put them in the oven, however I love the grill marks and how crispy they are after. EVOL Food's offer's all natural burritos and use as many organic products as possible. They even have two vegan options. My family grilled three burritos and we each tried them.



We grilled cilantro lime chicken, shredded beef, and bean rice and cheese. We paired our burritos with a Margarita and lime, tomatoes, avocado, and jalapenos. I wasn't a big fan of the corn in the burritos. My parents enjoyed the shredded beef burrito and my favorite was the bean rice and cheese. The cilantro lime chicken was almost over powering in the lime. We really enjoyed the crunch texture with the soft inside. These burritos are about 2.99 each. Overall these are a pretty healthy burrito with some having as many as twenty one grams of protein and were very filling. Definitely something to cook up on the grill with your hot dogs and hamburgers.

**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for the positive review.

5 comments:

  1. My boyfriend would probably dig these. I'll have to go look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crunchy burritos as well. I'm trying to eat more organic foods, and I would love to still be able to eat burritos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look yummy. I love trying new foods. I am going to have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YUM! I love burritos but I can never find that kind of variety..anywhere! These look so delish. Great review and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! These sound delicious!
    Did you thaw the burritos at all? How long did you cook them on the grill? I've been wanting to try burritos on the grill, but I haven't found information on grill time or that time.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete