Saturday, August 4, 2012

Flat Iron Experts Review

 I don't know about you but I always straighten my hair. I'm obsessed with it. I previously had a flat iron that was alright I never realized that by using using a cheap hair straightener I was wasting so much time and damaging my hair. I recently had a chance to try the Avanti Nano-Titnium Cermamic Silver Digital Flat Iron (1-3/8" inch). Let's just say that I will not be able to go back to my old cheap one ever again. The Avanti heats up to 450°F in 30 seconds. You can literally watch as the thermometer goes up. You can also switch the temperature gauge to Celsius. This flat iron is made to protect your hair and leave it soft and shiny! It eliminates frizz and causes less damage to hair by using nano titanium/ceramic. It also helps destroy some bacteria, viruses, algae, and fungi! This flat iron has greatly reduced the time I straighten my hair from 45 minutes to 15 minutes. It's great not having to wait for the iron to heat up and the iron is so easy to use. The only complaint I have is the handle and the weight. It has little bumps where your fingers go to help it not slip, but I find it hurts my fingers and is uncomfortable. It also is a little heavy. It is one pound which is too much for my holder. The flat iron is on the pricey side, it is currently on sale for $159.99 regularly $249.99. Even without changing the handle or the weight I still would recommend this flat iron to anyone who cares about the condition of their hair and who is limited on time to get ready.
Avanti Nano-Titanium Ceramic Silver Digital Flat Iron (1-3/8" inch)


I love using my new flat iron with the KQC Thermal Heat Spray ($13.99) which is the best heat protector according to Flat Iron Experts. Basically it comes in an aerosol can which I like, my fingers aren't tired after. I spray some on and then start straightening my hair. At first the spray smells weird, give it a few minutes and it fades dramatically and leaves your hair soft, shiny, and smelling great. Definitely a must have for anyone who straightens their hair regularly and doesn't want a damaged mess.

KQC Thermal Shine Spray (142g) is an ion enriched polishing complex formulated for superior heat protection and ultra gloss hair shine. Lightweight, non-greasy micro mist spray that eliminates frizz, softens and polishes hair without build up. Designed for all hair types. Use with flat iron, curling iron or hair dryers. KQC Thermal Shine spray is great for all hair types.  Whether your hair is normal, oily or dry, you can prevent infrared heat damage resulting in split-ends, frizz, and so forth.  This is also a great way to help detangle your hair as the thermal shine spray allows for easy & smooth comb-throughs.
Directions: Spray on wet or dry hair.  Style with a hair dryer or iron for brilliant, ultra-gloss shine.


I also received an Iron Holder ($14.99) by Flat Iron Experts! I've never had a holder before so I'm used to setting it on the counter and hoping it doesn't move or burn something. This holder is a great idea it fits my flat iron perfectly and is heat resistant, definitely a necessity when my iron heats up to 450°F. It also has suction cups which is a great idea, however you have to be careful where you put it. The suction cups do fall since the iron is decently heavy. I like using my stand on my counter, still protecting my counter, but not going to fall on me.

You should definitely go check out FlatIronExperts! You can like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.

**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for the positive review.

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh! That looks nice, I'm always on the lookout for a new flat iron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks all high tech, lol, I've never really used a flat iron before but this is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy to use. You've never used one before? They make your hair soft, shiny, and straight!

      Delete
  3. I have naturally curly hair and have always wanted to try to get it straight. I have got to try one of these! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I could use a new straigthener, especially one with a stand! I'm tired of having to wait for mine to cool down before I can put it away.

    ReplyDelete