Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beauty Box 5 Review


I love beauty products, but if you are like me you never know if you are going to like a product or not. Beauty Box 5 is the perfect solution. They send you 4-5 samples to try out from all different brands, some items are even full sized. I love how it is only $12 for a month and it has free shipping straight to your door. The box it came in was super cute. It was teal and had black confetti strips inside. I received the box for the month of August. 






I have to say I was so excited when I saw a Make Up Geek full sized eyeshadow pan. The color I received is Sensuous. It was such a pretty purpleish color that I never would have picked out but now I'm in love. The formula was amazing, the product lasted really long without a primer, and had very little fall out. Overall I can't wait to try more MUG products.

I also was able to try Pssssst Dry Shampoo. Lately I've been trying as many dry shampoos as I can and I have to say I wasn't a fan of this one. It didn't leave my hair as clean as other brands and my hair didn't smell that great after either. It is definitely not a product I would be buying again. 


I also received a primer from Bodyography I love primers. For those of you who don't know, primers are what help your makeup to stay on longer.Unfortunately, this product broke my face out really bad, but it worked really well for my friend and she is picky about primers.

Lately, I've been wearing blush, so I was excited to see Everyday Minerals blush. The color was Girl Friday. Unfortunately, the color did not go well with my skin tone. My grandma loved the blush. The color was perfect for her lighter skin tone and it applied really well.

I also tried Freeman's Feeling Beautiful Dead Sea Minerals Facial Anti-Stress Mask. I received two packets, which was enough for four times. I love the turquoise color and it doesn't take long to harden. My friend and I had a lot of fun with this product. Our skin felt amazing after, it was extremely smooth. 





Overall I really enjoyed my Beauty Box 5, it gave me the opportunity to fall in love with MUG and let me try out products that I wouldn't like before spending more money to find out it doesn't work for me.

Be sure to check them out on  Facebook, Twitter, and of course their website

**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for the positive review.

12 comments:

  1. That looks like a pretty good box! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like BB5 pretty well. It's not always the most popular brands but they give you nice variety in stuff thats actually fun to try! You should check out Starbox also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun on this review! It makes for great reading too! Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool beauty box!! Glad to enjoyment, and pictures of usage of the products. I'd totally try that mask! thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love the pictures!! I also love Beauty Box 5...so much nice stuff! The perfect way to try before you buy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review, thanks. I remember Psssst shampoo from my childhood and it really wasn't great back then LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some great products! I'd love to try the dry shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mask looks really cool. could double as use for a halloween costume..The other items look cool too though never have tried makeup primer or dry shampoo as yet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BB5. They send a nice variety of items that are fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review and nice selection in the box.LOVE the photos! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to try the eye shadow! BB5 looks really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am all about doing the research before spending the money; sounds like this is a great way to do that! And those mask pictures are fantastic. LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete