Monday, September 10, 2012

Skin-Peel Review

Have you heard about skin peels? For those of you who haven't let me tell you, skin peels are chemical peels you apply to your face to get amazing, soft, and glowing skin. There are many different types of peels ranging from Salicylic acid to Jessner peels to Glycolic peels. Skin-Peel.com helped me choose which skin peel would be best for my skin.

Although there are many different peels they all basically do the same thing just for different problems. I suffer from acne, so I chose the Salicylic acid in a 20%. Since this was my first time trying a peel I opted to start with the medium strength, they do come in several different strengths. The peel is supposed to unclog your pores and leave you skin feeling soft after peeling.


I was so scared about trying a skin peel, but I wanted my face to look better. I received the kit which included a peel prep, the peel solution, and the neutralizer.



I didn't notice a scent on the product, but that may have been due to how nervous I was. I triple checked to make sure I wouldn't grab the peel solution again. I've heard horror stories about that. Thankfully the skin peel has a different lid for the neutralizer in a different color.

It was very easy to apply and the instructions where very informative. The first step is washing your face and then using the peel prep. After you apply that you apply the solution. Make sure you have a fan nearby, it helps with the stinging sensation. Depending on the strength and how deep the peel goes effects how much stinging is involved. After waiting your desired amount of time you apply the neutralizer and then rinse your face off. It is helpful to keep a fan nearby as it cools the sensation off of your face.



Peeling varies on the peel you choose. Salicylic acid is a great choice for those suffering from acne, it kills the bacteria, clears the pores, and get's rid of the dead skin.

During the peeling stage it was hard to wear makeup, my skin was red and sensitive. After my skin peeled which took a week my skin was really soft. The great thing is these containers have enough solution in them to use multiple times. Overall I would definitely recommend a skin peel if you want your skin to be soft and look amazing.

Be sure to check out their helpful guide to selecting a peel and like them on Facebook and Twitter.

**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and I was not compensated for the positive review.

7 comments:

  1. I would love to try this! A week is nothing for a wait with great results!! I am game! Great review!! ty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try a peel at home but was nervous. After reading this I may give it a go now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it works amazing. I have tried some really awful peels, and some really great ones-- this sounds like one of the good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to to try this! I appreciate the detailed and thorough review! I have never tried a peel before, but I would like to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had a facial peel, and I would love to have one. Something I could do at home would be great, and these products sound really good. I have acne, so the salicylic acid would be ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peels make me nervous too. I may try a facial peel one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How well did it work on your acne? Did it fade any marks as well??

    ReplyDelete