Thursday, November 29, 2012

Makeup Geek Review



Have you heard of the company Makeup Geek? Have you seen Marlena's video tutorials on youtube? If not you are missing out! Makeup Geek is a relatively new company that is coming out with new makeup products all the time including their brand new gel eyeliners!

I was lucky enough to be able to try several of Makeup Geek's lipsticks and eye shadows. I had previously tired one of the eyeshadow colors in my Beauty Box 5 Review and fell in love. I received the nine eyeshadow starter kit, ($48.99) and I can happily say these did not disappoint. Every color I recieved was highly pigmented and had very little fall out. The only one that had a little issue was when I was trying to use corrupt as an eyeliner. I'm big into neutrals and loved how this kit included some purple colors that could be worn as neutrals.
Left side is used with a primer while the right side isn't



Each eye uses different colors in the set. Which side is your favorite left or right?
Wearing Darling on my lip.


I received the following colors: 

- Cocoa Bear –  Matte golden brown
- Mocha – Matte Warm medium brown
- Glamorous – Bronzy, shimmery gold
- Creme Brulee – Medium sand color with a soft matte finish
- Shimma Shimma – Shimmery highlight
- Drama Queen – Densely dark purple with a shimmery finish
- Prom Night – Pale purple with hints of grey and a shimmery finish.
- Unexpected – Light and subtle pink matte purple blend
- Corrupt – Intense matte black with small bit of sparkle
Photo courtesy of Makeup Geek.

 I hate how most black eye shadows aren't highly pigmented and so does Marlena! Corrupt will not disapoint, it is the most pigmented black eyeshadow I have ever seen and trust me I live in Sephora and have looked for a good black. Plus you can't beat the price $7.99 for the compacts and $5.99 for the pans which I personally prefer because I can put them in my own palette! I'm having a hard time choosing my favorite color, but I love shimma shimma. It gives my eyes a pop especially in the inner corner. I also love layering glamourous and mocha over it. I always use a primer to make the eyeshadows really pop. Overall, I think Makeup Geek eyeshadows are amazing and everyone should try them!

After going shooting my lips still look amazing!


I also recevied four shades of their lipstick! I love how pigmented and soft their lipstick is. It doesn't dry out my lips. They feature a super creamy formula, the only downside is they break really easy. I've had two break already.  Even though they break really easy I've managed to depot them and just apply with a brush. The formula is so fantastic that even if I knew they were going to break I would still buy them. The lipsticks retail for $7.99 and have lots of different colors.  Normally I don't like bright colors on my lips, but I can't help but love Foxy. The packaging is also super cute!

I'm wearing Foxy and Bailey is wearing Fearless.

Adorable which is a soft pink shade.
Darling which is a brown nude shade.
Fearless which is a bright pink with a hint of red.
Foxy which is a warm hot pink. (My favorite one)

From top to bottom: Fearless, Darling, and Adorable.

I highly recommend Makeup Geek products! They also sell other brands on their website. Go check them out and make sure to check out Marlena's awesome videos on youtube! I also love the fact that my PR agent Jena included a personalized note!



http://pinterest.com/themakeupgeek/


**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and yours may vary. I was not compensated for the positive review.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like the eye on the left of the pic, so I guess that's your right eye. I love the shades they sent you - I'm big on purple! Great review, I hadn't heard of Makeup Geek but will go look them up! Thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this make up! So many beautiful colors! You look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love all the different looks and all of the colors look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this is a beautiful make-up set, I would love to win this set thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete