Friday, January 11, 2013

Zoya Ornate Review


Zoya Ornate Holiday Winter Nail Polish Collection Image
As you guys know I'm totally into makeup and I'm finally getting into nail polish! I mean it's another great way to express my individuality. Recently, I had the chance to try out Zoya's winter nail polish line Ornate. Ornate featured some extremely beautiful glittery colors including; Storm (black), Blaze (red), Aurora (purple), Logan (green), Ziv (gold), and Electra (silver). I have to say I think these colors are perfect for winter.

This was the first time I've ever tried Zoya nail polishes and it most certainly will not be my last time. These polishes go on really smooth. They take three coats with the exception of Electra which needs at least four coats as it is just a clear base with glitter. Electra looks great when applied over another color.

I love how creamy the formula is, it's not too thick or thin. The brush also works pretty well. Each polish retails for $8 and I have to say this polish is salon quality! It's just awesome and worth it. So much better than the brand I recently tried that was $14 and didn't go on smooth.

My favorite colors are hard to decide. Ziv is my favorite to apply. It doesn't contain any glitter so it's application is much easier. Blaze and Aurora are my favorite color wise! Red and purple are my favorite colors and I absolutely love the colors on my nails! Since it was Christmas recently I did sport Blaze on my nails with Logan as an accent nail. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures. I think these polishes dry in the average amount of time.
Please excuse the uneven nails! This does not have a base or top coat.


I'm very sensitive to scents and I'm happy to report that these did not give me a headache. Overall I am very fond of Zoya and I love their color selection. If you haven't checked out their site you are missing out. They even have spoons which are very cheap and let you see the color before buying the whole bottle.

**Disclaimer: This product was given to me for free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own and yours may vary. I was not compensated for the positive review. To read my full disclosure visit http://www.casandrasreviews.com/p/media-kitpr-friendly.html

4 comments:

  1. I love those colors. I always paint my nails outside due to the fumes. I will definitely try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanna say we both have a heart tattooed on our hand :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not actually a tattoo. I wish I could but my job frowns on it. I drew it on with pen. Hopefully soon I will get a tattoo!

      Delete