Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Daily Makeup Routine

What is your daily makeup routine like? Since I go to school full time I tone my makeup way down, usually just foundation, powder, and mascara. When I go to work I have more time to do my makeup, so I usually do eyeshadow, bronzer, blush, and even eyeliner on top of my daily routine.


To start my daily routine I cleanse my face with Clearasil Daily Clear Refreshing Superfruit Wash, which I got to try thanks to influenster! I love how refreshing this feels, my face feels soft and clean. It also smells delicious! I then move onto moisturizing, priming, apply foundation, powder, blush, and bronzer to my face.



My next step is moisturizing I just bought a new moisturizer from philosophy. It's the first product I've tried from them and I can say so far I love it. It's the Take A Deep Breath Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer. WHEW say that five times fast. Despite the super long name this product leaves my combination acne prone skin feeling amazingly soft and does not make me oily.


I used to not wear a makeup primer, but I find that when I have long days it's an absolute requirement, especially when I go from school for 8 hours to work for 8 hours. I'm currently using my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector SPF 25+ in Opal which isn't technically a primer, but I think it works just like one while giving me a shimmering sun kissed glow. I love this luminizer, it gives me a natural glow and doesn't make it seem like glitter threw up on my face. I know you have seen someone who looks like that! It comes in four different colors so there is one for your skin color. I apply it all over my face, but if you just wanted to highlight you can apply it in your specific areas.

Next step is foundation. I'm in love with my Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. It's a full coverage foundation and leaves my skin amazing all day! It is very matifying so I like to add the luminzer under it so I don't look flat and fake.


After that I apply my COVER FX Pressed Mineral Foundation powder to set my foundation. On day's when I don't have time I apply this over my moisturizer and skip the foundation and because it is buildable and I can get pretty decent coverage.

Next comes bronzer. I've been using the Cargo bronzer in the shade medium for a long time. It lasts forever and gives me a beautiful sun kissed glow.

Then comes blush. I've been using Rimmel London's Lasting Finish Soft Colour Mono Blush in pink rose. I love how it is buildable and I can go from a more natural look to completely obvious.

I've been obsessed with new mascara I received in my iFabbo goodie bag. It's the Measurable Difference Lash Amplifying Liquid Lash Extension it's a three step process where you apply mascara, then the white lash extension, then mascara again. I have to say this mascara gives me the most volume and definition and length of any mascara I've used. Normally, I hate mascara's that have the white extensions, but this one is covered easily and really works.
Not done covering my under eye bags, but look how long and voluminous my lashes are!

Overall, I'm really happy with the makeup products I use. The products are easy; however, some are expensive. In my opinion every product is worth the money to make me look and feel beautiful.

What is your must have favorite makeup product? Let me know below in the comments!

**Disclaimer: Most of these products were purchased with my own money except the Clearasil samples which I recieved for being an influenster and the Becca product and the Measurable Difference mascara which I got in my iFabbo goodie bag. All opinions are my own and yours may vary. I was not compensated for the positive review. To read my full disclosure visit http://www.casandrasreviews.co/p/media-kitpr-friendly.html

17 comments:

  1. Looks great! I need to get a matte foundation! I love that mascara too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful complexion. I love the eyelashes. I am always looking for a better mascara so I might just have to try this one. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannah at Just Us FourOctober 23, 2013 at 5:23 PM

    Looks great. I work 6am - 3pm so I rarely do much more than powder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi@The Spring Mount 6 PackOctober 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM

    I need a super simple make up routine. I want to try to remember to make time everyday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love some of your products and the way they look on you! May have to try a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't put on too much makeup--just enough to feel decent before going out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. he skin care is what I am always trying to remember. I get lazy at night but need to remind myself my skin is worth the extra 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not going to lie, I don't use make up on a daily basis. It began when my skin reacted when I was teenager and the lack of makeup became a habit. I do use it when I'm going out somewhere special! These products look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sadly my beauty routine is throwing my hair in a pony tail, no make up. I run and make up just ends up making me look like a scary clown.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh- I should look into this because I am shopping around for new makeup right now. (just ran out!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need makeup lessons! lol. I wear foundation occasionally, but I feel like I could be doing a better job at applying it. I normally just wear a colored lip gloss and eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a really beautiful complexion. I like the name of that moisturizer. I might try it just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're gorgeous! I need to learn how to do my makeup!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to admit that the only make up I use (when the need arises) is an under eye concealer. I have allergic rhinitis and my doctor says the dark circles under my eyes are called "allergic shiners." I have to cover them up lest I look like a zombie everyday. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the perfect makeup for everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to love to wear makeup so much when I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love the mascara! My eyelashes are so wimpy!

    ReplyDelete