Monday, October 14, 2013

iFabbo SF Con!

So I recently had a chance to go to the iFabbo blogging conference in San Francisco on October 12 and I have to say it was awesome! My best friend and I won tickets from the awesome Marlena at Makeup Geek. The day started a little crazy as we live 2:30 hours away and we woke up late. After waking up at 5:22 we were in a mad dash to get ready, we woke up 22 minutes after we were supposed to leave. We quickly raced through the house to brush our teeth, change our clothes, and grab everything for doing our makeup once we got there; all while trying so hard not to wake up the children that refused to go to bed until 1:30 am. If you are parents you understand how important this last step is!

Being silly with my best friend!
We were finally on the road! Chugging our energy drinks just to stay awake while driving in the early morning and singing to our favorite songs on the radio. I was so excited once I saw the Bay Bridge! It was going to be my first time driving on the new bridge! I lived in San Francisco for two years while going to college and I can say I miss it. We arrived at the parking garage ahead of time at 7:45am thanks to my lead foot and were in a mad dash to apply our makeup in the darkly lit car. I had my 4 different makeup brushes out-foundation, powder, blush, and bronzer and kept dropping them. Oh how I longed for just one do it all brush. I threw on some navy blue eyeliner to go with my eyes and called it good enough. Since we woke up late, I was unable to straighten my hair and since it was up the day before that was the only option I had remaining.



Walking up to iFabbo we were greeted with a red carpet and grabbed our name badges. Walking down the steps we found our seats in the second row, then decided to check out the sponsors booths. Unfortunately, I was having too good of a time with all of the beauty and fashion products and handing out my business cards that I forgot to take pictures.

MailPix sent me 250 textured business cards and this gorgeous tote bag. Unfortunately, after I ordered my business cards I changed my blog from CasandrasReviews.com to CasandrasReviews.co. So I added the heart on. Overall I really love the products I ordered from them. They turned out well and are very vibrant. It was also easy to customize them. I definitely recommend them and will be ordering more once I run out.



Break time with some delicious cupcakes and Lemonade provided by Luvocracy! I just had to try the sprinkles! It was delicious!

Cupcake break from Luvocracy!


My two favorite booths had to be the Becca Cosmetics booth and the Dermalogica USA booth. Becca brought me in with their new brush, the One Perfecting Brush. This is an awesome brush that allows you to apply liquid foundations, powders, blushes, and bronzers without the need of four different brushes and the best part is you don't have to wash the brush in between different products. The brush is made with goat hair and it is so soft I just wanted to keep applying products so I could feel the smoothness.
Becca Cosmetics
Becca Cosmetics















At the Dermalogica booth I had a chance to get my face mapped! During this process my representative Heather asked me questions regarding my daily facial process and to describe my skin type. I have combination skin and I break out so easily so I'm constantly looking for new products to help me achieve clear skin.
My face mapping.

After checking out the booths the presentations started. Their were six panels and our keynote speaker. I learned some valuable information from all the panels (PR Panel, Social Media Panel, Photography/Video Panel, Legal Zone Panel, Monetization Panel, the Future of Fashion and Beauty, and our Keynote).

I really loved the new Photoshop. It has this awesome feature to make your photos look really beautiful. You can sharpen blurry images and move things in the background if you accidentally get something in it.

Overall, as a blogger I received very valuable information on how to make my blog better. We even trended on Twitter for 20 minutes. #iFabboSFcon Stay tuned to see what all I got in my goodie bag valued at $500! It was so heavy our bags started to rip! Make sure to let me know what you would like to see reviewed!



**Disclaimer: I won a ticket to iFabbo from Makeup Geek. I recieved the items from MailPix to review. I was not compensated for the review other than the free products, I'm sharing my honest opinions to help you with your buying options. To read my full disclosure visit http://www.casandrasreviews.co/p/media-kitpr-friendly.html

17 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. That cupcake looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to attend something like that. A beauty lovers paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The USA conferences look amazing! The cupcakes especially look appealing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun with you at the conference! I can't wait to go to the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry My Journey With CandidaOctober 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

    How fun you got to go with your Best Friend... makes it even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great conference! I'd love to go one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannah at Just Us FourOctober 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM

    I love going to conferences. Meeting other bloggers is one of my favorite things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been to a blogging conference and want to go so bad! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been to a blogging conference yet, although it is on my list of items to do. The cupcake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melinda Kuffler DunneOctober 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM

    Wow that looks like you had a great time! I have been wanting to go to a bloggers conference but haven't found one near me. I can't wait to see the items you review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awesome to have attended!! looks like a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine BartlettOctober 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM

    That looks like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sheila WorthingtonOctober 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM

    You guys must have a lot of fun. being away from kids for a while and be in a conference plus you won cool prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Sounds like a lot of fun. I've not heard of a Con being held in TN. I'd love to go to one though.

    ReplyDelete